BSA Election Procedures for March 2010
Elections will take place for the Executive Committee and President of the BSA to conclude on 1st March 2010.
Candidates are invited for the following positions:
The relevant job specifications for these positions are listed here, as are the Articles of Association which state the basic operational parameters.
Members of the Executive need to be willing to assume the role of company directors implicit in their fiduciary duties.
Only current full members of the BSA are allowed to stand
The Election Process:
1. A full member wishing to stand should seek the support of 10 other full-time members to support their nomination, and should indicate the role they are standing for. Membership numbers of the nominee and their supporters should be forwarded by post to the BSA office in an envelope marked – “Election Nomination”. Contact details for the nominee should be included.
2. The nomination details will be checked by the BSA office and, if in order, the nominee will be informed that their nomination is valid, and will be invited to submit a manifest/resume, with a picture, to support their election. These details will be posted on the BSA website.
3. Full-time members of the BSA will be eligible to vote for each of the positions available (one vote per position).
4. Voting will commence at midnight on Monday 22nd February 2010 and will end at midnight on Monday 1st March 2010.
5. Voting may be by letter (please mark “Election” on the envelope, or email (please put “Election” in the header) and must indicate the voter’s membership number and the votes they wish to cast.
6. Election Officer to be advised ASAP
7. Results of the election will be placed on the BSA website within two days of the end of the election.
8. The Chairperson-Elect will be responsible for convening a meeting of the new Executive on Saturday 6th March at the BSA offices in Newquay, at which point , management responsibilities will be transferred from the outgoing Executive members to the new Executive.