This document will be updated regularly. When having questions, you can always contact us by email or telephone. However, this document will always contain the latest update.
Latest version: April 14, 2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) that the world is currently dealing with leaves its mark. We would like to provide an update on the policy that SurfaWhile applies, which concerns existing bookings and upcoming bookings. Persons who have booked a trip that starts before June 1, 2020 have already received a personal message.
Like a number of other sectors, the travel industry has also been affected by this virus. Together with our partners, we try to deal with this situation as good as possible and seek the best possible solution for all parties. We hereby ask for your understanding.
Want to book a trip?
We understand that people really limp on 2 thoughts; you would like to book a surf holiday, but you would also like to know what is happening with regard to the coronavirus. For all trips you book through SurfaWhile:
If the COVID-19* disallows you to enjoy the experience you booked through SurfaWhile, we will offer you a voucher which you can re-use within 24 months and which is covered by the GGTO Guarantee fund. Please refer for the terms and conditions regarding the vouchers below.
* this concerns direct consequences, such as closing national borders, negative travel advice or cancellation of the partner on the spot
Recently booked trips
It is currently not possible to estimate whether the journeys with a start date after the 1st of June 2020 can continue. Of course, we hope that this will be the case and at the moment no official cancellations from governments or partners have yet been received. The regular booking conditions apply to all these trips (can be found at the bottom of this page, in the footer of the website). We do of course follow the developments closely regarding this situation.
As soon as a journey cannot proceed due to COVID-19 * will offer the following solution:
* this concerns direct consequences, such as closing national borders, travel restrictions or cancellation of the partner at location
- The traveler will receive a voucher worth the amount paid (or full amount, or the value of the deposit), following the example of many other agencies after it was initiated jointly by the the ANVR and the SGR together (article in Dutch). This voucher can only be redeemed when the booking is made again via SurfaWhile.
- The traveler can use this voucher for a new booking made within 12 months after the original start date of your booked trip. Bookings or travel dates which take place further than 12 months away will lose the coverage of the GGTO Guarantee fund
- The traveler can only use the voucher for a booking with the same supplier (partner) as the initial booking (if they offer multiple locations, the voucher applies to all their locations).
- The voucher is non-transferable to other people.
- The amount of this voucher is officially covered by the GGTO Guarantee Fund, meaning that the value of this voucher is covered in the event of SurfaWhile’s financial inability.
If you have any questions about this, we would like to ask you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (including the invoice number). We do our utmost to answer this as soon as possible, but given the crowds, it could take a little longer than what you are used to from us. Thank you for understanding.