Don’t take the risk when traveling
So you’ve booked your amazing, hassle free surf trip with us and are counting down the days to non-stop surf, sand and sun. But before then it might be worthwhile sorting out your travel insurance, so that if you have to cancel your trip pre, post or during the holiday, or are unlucky enough to get injured in Morocco or catch dengue fever in Sri Lanka, you’ll be covered and not out of pocket.
Are you a citizen of the Netherlands or Belgium? You might also like the information about insurance options in Dutch
To make the process less painful, we’ve partnered with World Nomads, the specialist insurance provider for adventure travel. So whether you’re just in Europe learning to surf for the first time or going further afield to improve your surfing skills in Costa Rica’s tropical waters, make sure you’re covered for the ultimate peace of mind when travelling abroad.
Always have a good read through of your policy before buying, and if you’ve got any questions, simply contact the World Nomads Helpdesk for more information.
Scroll down for a quote on your travel insurance or visit our page with a quote builder
Choose what fits you best
World Nomads have two plans on offer, suiting everyone’s personal flavour. You can opt for the Standard Plan or the Explorer Plan. The Explorer Plans will provide you with cover for more activities and offer higher benefit amounts. Use the widget below to get a quote for your trip and compare the two plans.
Please note: the exact coverage is likely to differ per country. always read the policy wording before buying. You can visit their page directly through this link.
Why get travel insurance?
Below we will give you some examples of the most common grounds people will find a travel insurance useful for. You can also have a look at the entire article about surfing on the website of World Nomads.
- Baggage protection: Got your stuff stolen while surf town-hopping in Costa Rica? Our gear coverage can help with replacing belongings that were swiped from under your nose.
- Emergency medical: Long lefthanders can be epic to ride but not if it ends up in a crash. Emergency medical coverage may come in handy in the case of an accident or injury.
- Evacuation: Your bohemian surfer paradise may be far away from the medical facilities that can give you the treatment you need. You can get transported to the medical facility which may be best for your care, subject to approval from the 24/7 Emergency Assistance.
- Trip cancellation: Has a sick or injured traveling companion put a stop to your surf break? Your plan may be able to recover the travel expenses.
- Additional Sports: As well as surfing, World Nomads covers over 150 adventures activities: for an up to date list of all covered activities click here.
What is not covered?
Sorry – we won’t cover you if you do something stupid (like tackle big-wave off-shore surfing when you’re only a beginner). Some things we may not cover include:
- If you refuse to be repatriated or evacuated
- If you don’t follow your doctor’s instructions or what we or the 24/7 Emergency Assistance team advise you to do
- Any expenses that relate to a pre-existing medical condition, as explained in the policy wording
- Expenses that can be recovered from another source
- The policy excess, deductible or co-pay amount as shown in the policy wording
- If you surf while under the influence of alcohol or drugs… water and alcohol never mix!
- Search and rescue costs
- Competition surfing
Why we’ve partnered with World Nomads
Their travel insurance is perfect for independent and adventurous travellers from over 130 countries with coverage for overseas medical, evacuation and baggage. It’s also:
- Comprehensive – Cover for a range of adventure activities and sports
- Very simple – You can make a claim online instantly
- Flexiblility when you need it most– You can buy more cover or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you’re already travelling.
- Cover for a range of adventure activities and sports- giving you peace of mind to get the most from your travels.
- World Nomads keeps you travelling safely. All WorldNomads.com members have access to travel safety advice and tips online through the World Nomads Travel Safety Hub.
- Give a little back – Get your policy and support a community development project at the same time via World Nomad’s Footprint Network
All of the information provided here about travel insurance is a brief summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions of the travel insurance plans described. Coverage may not be available for residents of all countries, states or provinces. Please carefully read your policy wording for a full description of coverage.